Despite all the communication technology in the market, an Email is still a powerful tool for communication. Either for marketing or for reaching out to new business prospects people, using internet-based applications still, use it today. According to research done by Radicati Group, there are more than 124.5 Billion emails send and received each day. And Ymail alone has more than 227.8 million active users each month with 26 Billion emails send and received each day. Ymail is still one of the most popular email service providers to communicate globally, so let’s learn ymail signup steps.
Well, if you are having trouble creating yahoo mail, you are in the right place. Signing up in ymail is rather simple. You just need an electronic device (laptop, or PC, or Tablet, or Mobile phone), your personal mobile phone, and internet connection in your device. When you sign up for a new Ymail account, you will be getting a free email account with 1 Terabyte of cloud storage (online storage), enough for millions of emails. Without any due let’s move into learning how to create a ymail account.
What can you do with Yahoo Account?
Yahoo is more than an email service provider. Signing up with yahoo account you get access to various Yahoo features like Yahoo News, Yahoo sports, calendar, notepad section, community, Yahoo Search Engine, and many more.
Ymail Signup Requirements
You need a laptop or mobile phone or tablet or your Personal Computer.
You must have your own personal mobile number.
And internet connection in your electronic device.
Step to Create a Ymail Account
- First, make sure that your computer has internet access.
- For signing up my Ymail Account, I am using Chrome Browser. You can use any other browsers; the steps will be the same.
- Head over to your internet browser, go to Yahoo’s official website and click on the Sign in on the top right corner of the page.
- Now, a sign in form will open on your window. there is a tab on the bottom of this form Sign Up beside “Don’t have an account?”. Click the link, and it will take you to Yahoo Mail sing up Page. Your Sign in form will look like this:
- Fill out the form on the screen with your First Name and Last Name and click on email address. Yahoo will give you some unique username that you can choose for your email address or you can use your own. The email address should be unique, the address you want might already be taken if so the form will render this message “A Yahoo account already exists with this email address.” Therefore you need to choose another email address.
The email address you choose will be your permanent email address which you cannot change in the future. So, be careful while choosing your username and make it a unique one.
- Now you need a password for accessing your email address. A password you choose needs to be a strong one else there is a high chance that your email account will be hacked. And don’t ever share your password with anyone else. Using different upper and lower case characters, numbers and special characters. For example “28DATRqQzCtY5su” is a secure password which is too complicated for someone to guess.
If you find it difficult to remember, consider storing all your password to “KeePass 2”. It’s a free tool to manage and save all your password of different accounts. All you need is a master password to remember, to get access to all the unique passwords of different accounts.
- Fill up rest of the form detail, your date of birth, gender and your contact number. Your contact number is used for account recovery if in case you lost or forgot your Ymail password. So consider adding your real phone number. If you don’t want to add your actual phone number you could also get a virtual phone number.
A virtual phone number is just like an anonymous email address which will act as a mask to your real number. Any messages or calls you get in a virtual number will be forwarded to your actual number and a person calling or messaging will never know your real number.
- In the next step, you need to verify your phone number. For this, you can choose between Text Me an Account Key or Call Me with a Verification Code to confirm your phone number associated with the Ymail account. I decide to get the code via the text, so here it is.
- Your Account Key may take some time to arrive. If you didn’t get one, you could again resend your code to your phone number after a while. Now enter the code that you got in the box to verify you have access to the phone, and then click verify.
- The following message will render on your screen, click continue.
- Now, you will be redirected to Yahoo’s homepage with your Yahoo account logged in. You can Sign out clicking on your name on the top right corner of the page if you want. Or get access to Ymail account by clicking Mail on the same corner.
Now you will be able to access your Ymail Account from anywhere in the world unless you don’t have internet access. You can access your mail via mail.yahoo.com URL.
Note: you will need to add a recovery email address to your Ymail account. If in case you forgot your password, this account will help you to reset your Ymail account password.
How to Send Mail Form Ymail Account
After signing up your new Ymail Account, let’s try sending your first mail to your beloved ones. Sending an email from Ymail is easy. You can follow the following simple steps to send an email.
- From your internet browser, go to Yahoo’s official website. And sign in to your account with your email address and password. [Tip: you don’t need to type @yahoo.com while entering your email address]
- Now once your homepage opens, click on Mail from the top right corner of the page.
- After opening your mailbox, click on the compose button from the top left of your page. This will switch to a mode where you can typically enter a recipient, subject and your message. You can even attach files, pictures to send it to the recipient.
- After you finish writing your mail, click on the send button to send you an email.
These are all the information required to Sign up a Ymail account. I hope I have covered all your queries.