There are various ways to add contacts on your Ymail Account. In this article, you will be learning about adding contacts to your Yahoo Mail using multiple techniques.
Manually Adding new Contacts to Yahoo Mail Contacts
- To add contacts manually, login to your Ymail account.
- Click on the Mail icon on the top right corner of your Homepage.
- To manually add contacts to your contact list, click on the contact icon on your right sidebar as shown in the figure.
- Now click on New Contacts on your left sidebar. A form containing contact detail will pop up on your screen.
- Fill up the Contact Detail with First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Email, Mobile Number and Work and Personal Detail.
- To add contacts manually, login to your Ymail account.
- Now click on the Save Button to save the contact.
You can also sort the contact as you wish by clicking on the Actions drop-down menu.
- You will see your contacts on the Contact List.
- Now, you can repeat the process for the contacts you want to add manually.
Adding Contacts form Received Messages on Ymail
When you are reading an email, click the sender’s name, which will open a dialogue box containing copy address, new message, and search for messages for this particular person and Add to Contacts.
If you click on the Add to Contacts or use shortcut key Shift+A, you can edit the user detail before saving it to the new contact.
Adding Contacts when Sending a Message
Adding contact when you send a message to contact is quite simple. For this, you need to login to your ymail account, go to Settings>Writing emails and enable or click the checkbox automatically add a new recipient to contact on When sending messages.
How to Import Contact List from Another Email Account to Ymail Account
If you have any other email account like Gmail, Outlook, AOL or Facebook, you can directly import contacts to Yahoo Mail Contacts from these accounts.
Here is an example:
In the following case, I am importing contacts from my Gmail Account to Ymail Account. You can import contacts from any other site following the same steps.
- Click on the Mail anchor text on the top right corner of your home page.
- In the right navigation bar, click on the Contacts symbol.
- On the left sidebar, you will see options like All Contacts, Deleted Contacts, Facebook, Google, Outlook.com and AOL.
- As I am importing contacts from Google, I clicked on Google anchor text.
- Now click on Import Button, this will redirect you to your Gmail login page.
- Choose an account and login to your Gmail account and click Allow to get access.
- Clicking the Allow button will redirect you back to your Yahoo Contacts page. Now you can see the contacts that you stored on your Google Contacts on your Yahoo Mail Contacts.
- If you don’t want to link those contact, you can disconnect the account by clicking Disconnect
Create New Contact List of your Choice on Ymail Account
There might be various reasons you want to separate group of people to end the message. You might want to send a message using BCC or CC, or sending emails to your department colleague at once, or sending a message to your peer group etc.
The following steps will guide you to create and use Yahoo mail Contact Lists or Distribution Lists.
- First, log in to your Ymail account.
- Click on the Contacts Symbol on your right navigation bar.
- On the left sidebar of the contact page click on New List, and type the name you want to give to your new list.
Now you need to add contacts to this list as it is empty at the moment to do so, follow the next steps.
Adding Contacts to your New Contact List on Yahoo Mail
- First, click on All Contacts from the left sidebar of the Contact page of Yahoo Mail.
- List of all contacts added in your Yahoo Mail will be displayed with a checkbox at the beginning.
- Tick the checkbox corresponding to the contacts you want to add to the new list.
- Now click to Assign Contacts.
- A new dialogue box will appear on your screen containing a list of Contact List select the list where you want to add these contacts and press Done. Your contacts are added to your new contact list.
Removing Contacts from a List on Yahoo Mail
To delete contacts from your Contact List follow the following steps.
- Go to the Contact page of Yahoo Mail.
- Click on the Contact List from where you would like to remove contacts.
- To remove single entry check the contact you want to remove a link “Remove from List” will appear on the navigation bar. Click it and press done. The contact will be removed.
- To remove multiple contacts, check the contacts that you want to remove from the list and click on Delete Contacts button and press Done. The contacts will be deleted.
Finding Contacts on Yahoo Mail Account
To search for your contact, there is a search box on your Contact page of Yahoo mail. You can type the name of the recipient and click Search Contact. It will render all the contact associated with that name on your contact list.
Edit Contact Detail on Ymail Account
If you need to edit the contact, simply click on the contact you want to edit and click on the Edit Detail.
To add your contact, the minimum requirement is the first name and an email address.
Delete Contact Detail on Ymail Account
To delete the Contacts from your Yahoo Mail, follow the steps:
- Click on contacts form the right side menu bar on your Yahoo mail page.
- Once the contact page is open, you will see the check button on every contact as shown in the figure.
- Check the contacts you want to delete.
- Click on the Delete Button next to Bin icon on the toolbar.
However, the contacts that you just deleted isn’t completely deleted. When you click on the Delete Button, contacts are removed from the list and moved to Delete Contacts folder.
You cannot add a new contact with the same email address you just deleted.
Restore or Permanently Delete Contacts on Ymail Account
To permanently remove or restore deleted contacts follow the steps.
- Click on the Deleted Contacts from the left navigation bar.
- Check the contacts you want to delete permanently or restore.
Click on Delete Permanently button to delete contacts permanently or Restore Button to restore the contact to the contact list.
- Click on Done to complete the step.
How to Back up Contacts from Yahoo Mail Account
To back up your contact list, you need to export your contacts to your PC. Follow the following steps to back up your contacts.
- Go to contact list from in your Contact page.
- Tick the checkbox of contact you want to back up.
- Click on the drop-down menu called Actions.
- Click on export and choose the desired file format to export. I usually use the CSV file format.
Learn how to add a recovery email account on the ymail account so that if you are locked out or your ymail there is always a way in.