To secure our Ymail account, we need to change our mail password quite often. I change my Yahoo Mail password once in two months. And sometimes we forget our password. If you have access to the phone number associated with the Ymail account there is no problem; you can reset Yahoo Mail password using a phone number. And if don’t have access to the phone number, then you are in trouble. So, to get away with this trouble, we can add a recovery email account to Ymail account. You can use your recovery email to reset Yahoo Mail password. Without any due let’s move on to the steps to add recovery account to ymail account and remove ymail account.
Add Recovery Account to Ymail Account
- Go to yahoo.com and Sign in to your account.
- On the top right corner of your screen, you will see your name. Click it.
- A drop-down menu will appear containing your email addresses, name and Account Info. Click on Account info.
- Your setting page will open on your window containing Personal info, Account Security, Preferences
To change your personal detail click on Personal Info tab and click edit on your toolbar. After editing click Done.
To check your recent activities click on Recent Activity tab, this will render all your activities from different devices you signed in.
- To Add the recovery email address, go to the Account Security tab on your left sidebar. You will see new information rendered to your dashboard. You can change your password from this page.
- Now, click on Add recovery email address on your dashboard. The following information will render on your screen to add recovery email address.
- Now type the email address you want to use for verification if you forgot your Yahoo Mail email address.
- Click on Sent verification email to add you recovery email address. Note that the email address you just entered is not yet verified.
Yahoo Mail will send a verification code to your recovery account which you need to confirm that you have access to that account.
- Login to your recovery account, you will see a verification message in your inbox sent by Yahoo Mail.
- Read the message and click, click here to verify your account.
- Now go to your Ymail account Security page and refresh the page.
- Now click on Email Addresses you will see your account has been verified.
You can add multiple recovery addresses to your Ymail account so that if you ever forget your password and don’t have access to your phone number linked to this account, you can recover your email address with the help of these recovery email addresses.
Sometimes you can do mistakes adding recovery email address, you missed some characters from that email address or entered a wrong email address. It’s also possible that you don’t have access to the recovery account you added previously, or you just got divorced, and you need to remove your partners’ account from the account recovery list. If your email address is verified from the wrong email address you entered, your account might get hacked and even lose your email address. So you need to remove the recovery email account. Here is a guide to delete an account from your account recovery list.
Remove Revocery Account from Ymail Account
- Login to your Ymail account and go to Account information clicking on your name on the top right corner of your homepage.
- Click on Account Security tab from the left sidebar.
- Click on Email addresses tab from your dashboard that you used to add recovery email address.
- A Dialogue box containing information about email addresses you added to your recovery list will appear.
- There is a Bin Icon beside each address, click on the bin icon to delete that particular email address from your recovery list.
- Done, your Yahoo Mail recovery account is removed from your list.