Sometimes what happens is, you subscribe to a blog that is continuously sending you a spam message. The disadvantage of these spam message is that these messages push your important emails down into the list and will take you much time to find them.
Like most of the popular email providers, Yahoo mail has provided an option to block those email address from your account and you will not have to see any other messages from those senders. All the messages that a blocked contact sends you will be deleted automatically before you even see it. Blocking an email address prevents email from blocked address to reach your account. Keep reading the article to learn how to block an email address in ymail account.
Steps for Blocking a Person By Email Address in Yahoo Mail
- First, log in to your yahoo mail account: login.yahoo.com
- Once you reach to your home page, click on the mail icon on your top right corner to open your mail dashboard.
- Now, click on the gear icon beside Setting on the top right corner of your window. This will open up your setting bar, then click on More Settings on the list.
- Now the setting page will be rendered to your screen. On the left sidebar of the setting page, you will see a list of settings, among those lists, click on Security and privacy settings.
- On the Dashboard of your screen Security and privacy page will open which will have Blocked addresses on the list.
- Now, on the Blocked addresses, click on + sign to Add an email address to block.
- You can manually add the list of unwanted email addresses in the Address field under Add an email address to block.
- Now Click on Save button to save the email address to your block list. From now on you won’t be bothered by this email address unless you unblock it.
Steps to Block an Email Address from your Inbox List
- Login to your yahoo mail account and go to your home page.
- Now click on the mail tab on the top right corner of your homepage to open your Ymail dashboard.
- On your left sidebar click on Inbox tab.
- A list of email will appear on your screen, now click on the email of the person you want to block. This will open the message sent by that person.
- On the top navigation bar right you will see three dots “icon for more option” besides Spam.
- A drop-down menu containing different option to do with the particular mail will open on your screen once you press the button.
- Click on Block Senders option from the drop-down menu. This will pop up a message to your screen to confirm the blocking.
- Click on Ok button to block the user on your ymail account.
You can select multiple messages from your inbox list and click on Block Senders from the more option drop-down menu on the top navigation bar.
Unblock Email Addresses in Ymail Account
To unblock email address:
- Navigate to Security and privacy on your setting page.
- Now, a list of block contacts or email addresses will render on your screen.
- Beside every blocked contact list, there is a bin icon. You just need to click the bin icon to delete the email address or the contact from the block list.
Now, you will be receiving messages from this email.